Banbury Bluecoat Foundation School Uniform Vouchers
You may be able to apply for help with purchasing school uniform for children in the Foundation Year, Years 1-7 or higher years where they are joining a new school. For more information see The Pupil Premium Fund page.
Banbury Academy expects all of its students to be smartly and safely dressed.
Please note that years 7-9 wear grey jumpers and years 10-11 black jumpers. They are not compulsory but if they are worn they must be the Banbury Academy version which can be purchased from Cross Embroidery/Sew Sublime.
Right: The blazer with the Academy logo.
Boys and Girls
Black blazer with embroidered Academy logo with:-
|1. White shirt with clip-on College tie.||
Black Shalwar Khameez with either
|2. Black “school” trousers or pleated skirt.||2. Black “school” trousers or pleated skirt.|
|3. Banbury Academy jumper (Grey with red stripe – years 7, 8 and 9) (Black with red stripe – years 10 and 11)||3. Banbury Academy jumper (Grey with red stripe – years 7, 8 and 9) (Black with red stripe – years 10 and 11)|
|4. Black "school" shoes that can be polished||4. Black "school" shoes that can be polished|
Blazers must be worn all year round. Jumpers are non-compulsory but if students want to wear a jumper
under their blazer it must be the school jumper as detailed in number 3 above.
- Shirts must be able to be buttoned to the neck
- Coloured or patterned garments worn underneath the shirt should not be visible
Trousers - must be school trousers
- Jeans, jean-like trousers, heavy cotton trousers, “chinos”, leggings, or any other casual trousers are not acceptable and embellishments such as studs are not permitted
- Must be of a pleated style (please see examples). Jersey and other clingy or tight fitting skirts are not acceptable
Skirts should reach at least the mid-point between the thigh and the knee
Please see the Uniform for Girls guide for acceptable skirts and trousers for girls, together with price and store information.
- Extremes of fashion footwear are not allowed due to the spread out nature of the site and health and safety considerations
- Shoes should be either leather or plastic – that can be polished (not canvas, suede, woollen or any other material)
- Trainers are not acceptable except for PE
- Boots are not allowed. However, if students wish to wear them to walk to school and change into shoes when they arrive, we will provide somewhere for them to store them as we appreciate that some students do have a long walk
- Ties must be clip-on in College colours and fastened within the collar and with top button secure
- Blazers must be worn all year round,
- Jumpers are non-compulsory but if students want to wear a jumper under their blazer it must be the school jumper as detailed in number 3 above.
- Cardigans are not acceptable
- “Hoodies” and sweatshirts are not allowed in school and cannot be worn as coats
- Socks must be plain black or white
- No piercings are allowed, other than a pair of earring studs
- Please note that these will need to be removed for PE and DT and remain the student’s responsibility
- A wristwatch and one signet ring are the only other jewellery allowed
- Extremes of fashion in hair styles and make up are not accepted. If hair is dyed, it must be a single “natural” colour. (The decision about what is acceptable lies with the Principal)
- Nails: no nail polish allowed or false nails
The Academy blazer, jumper and ties are available from Cross Embroidery and Sew Sublime, but all other items can be bought from any retailer (as well as these two companies).
|KS3 - BOYS & GIRLS||KS4 - BOYS & GIRLS|
|*Optional GCSE collared T-shirt|
|*Optional red fitted polo shirt with Academy logo and initials (girls)|
|* Optional Banbury Academy sports top|
|Banbury Academy long sleeved PE shirt (winter) - must be worn for hockey, netball, football and rugby||Banbury Academy long sleeved PE shirt (winter) - must be worn for hockey, netball, football and rugby|
|Red collared T-shirt - used for indoor and summer sports only||Red collared T-shirt - used for indoor and summer sports only|
|Navy sports shorts (summer term)||Navy sports shorts (summer term)|
|Plain navy jogging bottoms (No sports leggings allowed)||Plain navy jogging bottoms (No sports leggings allowed)|
|Navy football socks with red stripes||Navy sports socks with red stripes|
|Towel (optional)||Towel (optional)|
|Football boots (strongly recommended)||Football boots (strongly recommended)|
|Shin pads (must be worn for football, hockey and school matches)||Shin pads (must be worn for football, hockey and school matches)|
|Gum guard (strongly recommended for hockey and rugby lessons, must be worn for school matches)||Gum guard (strongly recommended for hockey and rugby lessons, must be worn for school matches)|
|* Will need to be ordered at Cross Embroidery or Sew Sublime|
N.B. Boys and Girls - Trainers and clothes used for PE MUST NOT be worn for general school use.
Naming of Clothing
We encourage parents to name all items of clothing with sewn-in name tags or indelible pen.
Banbury Academy fully endorses the principle that the school’s uniform should be affordable for everyone, ensuring that no student or family is socially excluded through inability to buy. Accordingly, the majority of the uniform can be bought ‘off the peg’ from any high street outlet or supermarket; the only items which need to be purchased from local specialist suppliers, Cross Embroidery or Sew Sublime, being the blazer, jumper and tie. The blazer is competitively priced, retailing at around a similar cost to those available from high street outlets and supermarkets (but without the required Academy badge).
Banbury Academy is committed to an annual appraisal of the uniform’s cost in order to ensure that it continues to be affordable for everyone.
We retain the right to send students home to change, if not in full school uniform. This is made explicit to parents by means of the Home Academy Agreement:
- The Academy – we will: have high expectations for uniform, jewellery and PE kit - we will enforce our uniform policy
- Student - I will: wear full school uniform, as detailed in the uniform policy and be tidy in appearance
- Parent(s)/Carer(s) - I/We will: ensure that my/our child wears full uniform, as detailed in the uniform policy and understand that he/she will be sent home to change or internally suspended if inappropriately dressed
The Principal, on behalf of the Governing Body, will make the final decision regarding what is permissible at Banbury Academy.