How to APPLY
For information and an application form to apply for Banbury Campus Sixth Form for entry in September 2017 please follow this link:
- 6F Freddie banner2 Nov 16
- 6F Library Y13 4
The Extended Project
The Extended Project Qualification is an independent project much like a dissertation that you may complete at university. It is aimed at students wanting to go on to higher education and is deemed so valuable that universities will sometimes adjust minimum entry criteria for candidates who take this qualification. It allows students to extend their abilities beyond the A-level syllabus and prepare for university or their future career. It is worth half an A-level (70 UCAS points) so can be used to earn extra UCAS points.
Students will complete:
- 120 Guided learning hours completed mostly independently.
- Choose an area of interest
- Draft a title and aims of the project for formal approval by the centre
- Plan, research and carry out the project
- Deliver a presentation to a non-specialist audience
- Provide evidence of all stages of project development and production for assessment